Ramon D. Peleaux, DDS, MD
Oral Surgeon in Charlotte, NC: Meet Dr. Peleaux
Colleen and I found our way to the Charlotte area after finishing our education and falling in love with the Tar Heel state during our six years in Chapel Hill. The long summers and mild winters were a welcome change from our home state of Minnesota.
We both enjoy gardening, focusing on cultivating native plants which attract birds and butterflies to our yard. Our second passion is photography.
Travel fits in well with our interests and we have been blessed to explore a few of the beautiful treasures this world has to offer. We hope to continue to travel and capture images together and with our children Ryan and Evan.
I have been serving the Charlotte area as a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon since 1995. My practice is built around the needs of my patients in areas such as:
- tooth replacement with implants
- dentoalveolar surgery
- non-invasive aesthetic treatments
- and the entire scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery
I earned my bachelor degree summa cum laude in Child Development from the University of Minnesota. I continued at the University of Minnesota – School of Dentistry to graduate with my doctor of dental surgery degree with multiple honors.
Following a hospital dentistry residency at LSU Medical Center and Charity Hospital in New Orleans, we brought our family to North Carolina. At the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill I completed a residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery, my medical degree, and an internship in general surgery.
In order to offer my patients a full scope of facial surgical services I also completed a cosmetic surgery fellowship in Little Rock, Arkansas.
I am on the medical staff of Carolinas Medical Center and Levine Children’s Hospital. I have served as the Chief of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Carolinas Medical Center – Mercy.
I have published papers in peer-reviewed journals and have lectured nationally and internationally. I enjoy the opportunity to stay current and broaden my expertise by participating in continuing education on topics which will benefit my patients such as patient safety, esthetic surgery, non-invasive aesthetic techniques, dental implant restoration, oral pathology, and dental radiographic imaging.
Our mission is to help patients live healthier lives. We provide a caring, nurturing environment where your comfort and health is of primary importance.Charlotte Office Appointments
I am an active member of several professional organizations. They include:
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – Diplomate
- National Dental Board of Anesthesiology – Diplomate
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – Fellow
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – Fellow
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – Fellow
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology – Fellow
- American Dental Association – Member
- North Carolina Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – Member |President 2011 – 2013
- North Carolina Society of Dental Anesthesia – Member
- North Carolina Dental Society – Member
- Charlotte Dental Society – Member
In the annual Top Dentists Survey, local Charlotte dentists voted Dr. Peleaux one of the top Specialists in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He has been listed in the TopDentists since 2008.
We encourage you to visit www.usatopdentists.com to find out more about this distinct honor.
Copyright 2008-2012 by TopDentists, LLC, www.usatopdentists.com, Augusta, GA
Call us at Oral Surgeons of Charlotte Phone Number 980-224-7737 to schedule an appointment with our office.